Educational institutions are given a cost-effective way to equip their educational institution with Microsoft developer software and operating systems through the Microsoft Imagine program.
With the program, Microsoft wants to enable the participating teaching institutions through the software a targeted know-how transfer and to allow students / students free access to the latest Microsoft technologies and software. The program is aimed at higher education institutions in the fields of computer science, economics, engineering and natural sciences within the framework of the Developer Academic Alliance (Developers AA) as well as at IT vocational schools and economically oriented vocational schools leading to a recognized IHK degree.
The Microsoft Imagine program includes the use of the provided developer tools, servers and platforms on the laboratory systems of the participating educational institution as well as on the private computers of the university staff, teachers, students and students, if this is used exclusively for research and teaching. It allows students to carry out their own development projects as long as they are not subject to a commercial purpose or commercial exploitation.
Please read the EULA of the Imagine Premium Program.
Students in the corresponding training courses gain access to the ELMS Store of the Friedrich List School Ulm.
Contact: Mr. Härle
ELMS (e-academy License Management System) is an online-based product management system that allows access to free software.
EDCL - European Computer Driving Licence
The ECDL is a certificate to attest basic IT knowledge and skills, which is acknowledged in 148 countries. About 1,500 ECDL examination centers conduct the ECDL tests in Germany alone. The tests can be done by students of the Friedrich-List-Schule at the ECDL test center of the Friedrich-List-Schule after paying a fee which is raised by the DLGI.
The European Computer Driving Licence is an initiative of the European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS) in cooperation with the European Union (EU). The DLGI as a spin-off from the “Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V.” (= Registered Society for Informatics) is responsible for the concept’s implementation in Germany. The ECDL Foundation in Dublin is the world-wide supervisory body and the place of authorization of the ECDL. It develops ECDL standards and guidelines and checks them with the help of a quality management system.
The ECDL curriculum consists of seven modules. It describes the knowledge and skills which an ECDL candidate has to acquire and prove. Thus there is a clear objective for teachers and students alike and employers who are shown the certificate can get a clear picture of a candidate’s achievements.
The new structure of certification since January 1, 2016:
- 4 modules are obligatory for the NEW ECDL Base: computer basics, web basics, word processing and spreadsheets.
- The NEW ECDL consists of the NEW ECDL Base and 3 elective modules. Students can broaden their knowledge (based on the ECDL modules) by choosing contents like web-cooperation, IT security, data security, picture editing etc.
- The NEW ECDL Profile enables students to qualify themselves individually. The ECDL Profile certificate is issued starting from 4 passed modules. Every further successfully passed module is also mentioned on the ECDL Profile certificate.
- With the ECDL Advanced modules students can attest their professional user knowledge.
This offer is available only for students of the Friedrich-List-Schule, who can contact Mr. Härle if interested.
Friedrich-List-Schule Ulm is Local Cisco Networking
Since January 2004 the Friedrich-List-Schule has been acting as a Networking Academy within the context of the “Cisco Networking Academy Program” (CNAP) and the “Bildungsinitiative Networking” (= educational offensive networking). Thus, depending on their branch of training, students have the possibility to prepare for the following certifications:
“Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)” with the modules:
- CCNA Discovery 1: Networking for Small and Home Businesses
- CCNA Discovery 2: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP
“Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)” with the modules:
- CCNA Discovery 3: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise
- CCNA Discovery 4: Designing and Supporting Computer Networks
“IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software” from Cisco Systems as preparation for the “CompTIA A+” certificate. The Friedrich-List-Schule is a member of the “CompTIA Authorized Partner Program” and can thus get vouchers for certification at a discount.
Within the scope of the Cisco Networking Academy, we not only teach knowledge about new technologies, but also show new possibilities of e-learning. Experts from Cisco Systems who take into account technological progress and the requirements of the Cisco Networking Academies are constantly developing the contents and didactics of the respective curricula. The trainers are accordingly educated further as well. The Friedrich-List-Schule, a “Local Academy”, trains pupils and students as a non-profit organization. This training only accompanies various traineeship courses and can’t be attended independently.
KMK certificate english
Foreign language skills are getting more and more important in the working world. This is the reason why students of the commercial vocational school have the possibility to certificate their knowledge of English.
The KMK Certificate
- is a voluntary certificate in vocational education;
- is independent from other (final) exams;
- is offered once a year in May for graduation classes;
- is acknowledged all over Europe;
- is offered on different difficulty levels (with us II / III);
- can be done here at our school.
The test consists of a written part (which takes 90-120min depending on the level) and an oral part (14-20min). The competences tested are:
- reception (listening and reading);
- production (writing business-related texts);
- mediation (transfer of content);
- interaction and communication (e.g. telephoning, free talking etc.).
Pupils have to be ready to prepare themselves independently from school lessons, as not all contents can be taught in everyday English lessons. Suitable preparation materials are offered by different publishing houses.